Personal Attention Makes All The Difference

Help For Immigrants To Work And Stay In The USA

The immigration process is stressful and intimidating. A knowledgeable and helpful immigration attorney can make it easier. I handle all facets of U.S. immigration law, from employment and business visas to family immigration and asylum.

The Law Office of Olena Manilich is based in Manhattan but serves immigrants and their sponsors across New York, throughout the United States and around the world. I speak Russian and Ukrainian, but welcome people of all nationalities.

An immigrant helping immigrants
I was an immigrant too. I have personal experience with the U.S. immigration system. As your lawyer, I am here to guide you through the legal process and clear away obstacles. Call me today at 917-920-4228.

Employment-Based Green Cards

There is a wide range of immigration programs that help foreign professionals and skilled workers get a green card and live in the U.S. permanently. Each employment-based immigration category has different legal requirements and procedures.

I help business owners, investors, executives, professors, researchers, professionals, artists, athletes and other individuals obtain permission to join their families, work in the United States and establish residency. This includes:

  • EB-1A for individuals with extraordinary abilities in arts, science, athletics, business or education
  • EB-1B for outstanding researchers and professors
  • EB-1C for multinational managers and executives
  • EB-2 for advanced degree professionals and persons of exceptional ability in art, science, or business, including National Interest Waivers
  • EB-3 for professional skilled workers
  • EB-5 for foreign investors who create employment in the U.S.

I assist immigrants and their sponsoring employers in all aspects, including PERM (labor certification) or consular processing in their home countries.

Family-Based Immigration

One the greatest joys for an immigration lawyer is helping citizens and immigrants reunite with their families. I assist with the paperwork and permissions for spouses and children, siblings, parents, adult children, fiancés and other family members to secure residency status in the United States. I regularly handle:

  • K-1 fiancée visas
  • VAWA petitions (Violence Against Women Act)
  • K-3/K-4 nonimmigrant visas
  • Advance parole to leave the U.S. and return

Business And Investor Visas

The U.S. government provides many programs for nonimmigrants to live and work in the U.S. temporarily. Coming to America to conduct business or fill a labor need is often the first step toward securing an immigrant visa in the future. I can assist with all categories of visas, including:

  • H-1B visas for degreed professionals
  • L visas for intracompany transferees and managers
  • E-2 treaty trader visas
  • EB-5 investment-based green cards
  • I visas for foreign media and press
  • O visas for artists, athletes, researchers, educators and others with extraordinary abilities

Asylum Or Refugee Visas

Those who have suffered persecution in their country of origin or have a credible fear of persecution may qualify for asylum in the United States. I can guide you through the application process and related asylum/refugee matters, including:

  • Affirmative or defensive asylum
  • Withholding of removal
  • Work permits and green card after being granted asylum
  • Deportation defense

The legal requirements for each category vary and strict time limits apply. Contact me immediately if your immigrant status is in jeopardy or if need help seeking protection through asylum.

Naturalization (Citizenship)

I am happy to assist with your application to become a U.S. citizen. You must meet the requirements for continuous residence, good moral character, reading and writing basic English, knowledge of U.S. history and a loyalty oath. I can help you prepare for the citizenship test and interview, and address any problems that would prevent you from being naturalized, such as past criminal arrests or convictions.

I Personally Handle Your Immigration Matters

Immigration law is my main focus. I am a solo lawyer, so you work directly with me. I will explain everything to you and make sure your paperwork meets the requirements to make the immigration process as smooth as possible for you.

I offer a in-office consultation. Call me today at 917-920-4228 or contact me by email to discuss your situation, or click here to book an appointment.

Мы говорим по-русски. Говоримо украінською.